Overview of Position:
3D modeling, 2D drawings, BIM Coordination and preparing technical drawings in AutoCAD or REVIT on various projects that are used by the field electricians throughout the duration of the project.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Self-motivated; requires little direct supervision.
- Knowledgeable and proficiency of AutoCAD drafting software, including REVIT (required).
- Knowledge and proficiency of Navisworks is preferred, but not mandatory.
- Ability to read electrical plans and specifications, and familiarity with a variety of electrical systems and terminology.
- Ability to handle several projects at the same time.
- Knowledge of building components and systems.
Specific Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Assist Project Executive, Project Manager & BIM Manager in compiling as-built drawings for multiple projects.
- Coordinate and communicate with Project Executive, Project Manager, BIM Manager and field Foreman to resolve issues.
- Use CAD and BIM software to compile electrical coordination drawings and sketches for the duration of a project. Sketches include Temporary Site Power drawings, Electrical Room layouts, wall core locations, electrical concrete pad layouts, etc.
- Compile dimensioned project coordination drawings that include, but are not limited to the following; electrical power racks, lighting racks, special system racks, junction box locations, light fixture locations per architectural drawings, switchgear locations, underground conduits, floor box locations, etc.
- Produce 3D REVIT models for coordination with MEP trade contractors.
- Attend coordination meetings and possibly can lead coordination meetings for general contractors.
- Coordinate with field Foreman and update coordination drawings per coordination meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree in construction, business, or a related field
- 3+ years of BIM Coordination and related experience – preferably with experience in the following niches –
- Proven ability to solve problems creatively
- Strong familiarity with CAD software tools, methodologies, and best practices
- Experience seeing projects through the full life cycle
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, problem solver and extremely resourceful
- Proven ability to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline