Overview of Position:
Draft 2D drawings in AutoCAD on various projects that are used by the field electricians throughout the duration of the projects.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Self-motivated; requires little direct supervision.
- Knowledgeable and proficiency of AutoCAD drafting software, including Trimble.
- Ability to read electrical plans & specifications, and familiarity with a variety of electrical systems and terminology.
- Ability to handle several projects at the same time.
- Knowledge of building components and systems.
- Draft electrical designs, primarily using computer-aided design (CAD).
- Collect and synthesize all data necessary for drafts.
- Prepare documents.
- Review accuracy and ensure the quality of deliverables.
- Meet deadlines.
- Work closely with BIM Coordinator and Engineer throughout the construction process.
Specific Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Assist Project Executive, Project Manager & BIM Manager in compiling as-built drawings for multiple projects.
- Coordinate and communicate with Project Executive, Project Manager, BIM Manager and field Foreman to resolve issues.
- Use AutoCAD software to compile electrical coordination drawings and sketches for the duration of a project.
- Compile dimensioned project coordination drawings that include, but are not limited to the following: electrical power racks, lighting racks, special system racks, junction box locations, light fixture locations per architectural drawings, engineer drawings, switchgear locations, floor box locations, etc.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and related software applications.
- Well-developed technical abilities.
- Sense of urgency to meet deadlines.
- Expertise in collaboration.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite including SharePoint & Teams.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s Degree in construction, business, or a related field, is preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience as a CAD Drafter – preferably in electrical industry.
- Proven ability to solve problems creatively.
- Strong familiarity with electrical symbols.
- Experience seeing projects through the full life cycle.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, problem solver and extremely resourceful.
- Proven ability to complete projects on a timeline.