Posted 1 year ago
Overview of Position:
Provides overall management to multiple projects, establishes project objectives and policies, organizes, and leads the project team. Develop and close opportunities.
Main Duties & Specific Responsibilities:
- Receive Job Information from Estimating (scope/pricing/estimated hours/ etc.).
- Determine and define project scope and objectives.
- Review project contract drawings to become familiarized with scope.
- Present accepted scope information to project team at beginning of project.
- Review/price/estimate COR’s/obtain CO’s for any changes to scope.
- Submit RFI’s to Owner/GC during project.
- Review/monitor job costing.
- Present bi-monthly job costing reports to Owner.
- Answer Client electrical code questions.
- Prepare and review submittals for spec compliance prior to submittal for approval.
- Verify submitted and approved materials are being ordered/installed.
- Schedule release for all material once approved from Owner/GC/Engineer based on project sequencing.
- Provide written releases for major material orders (light fixtures, switchgear package, generator).
- Provide ComEd with all required paperwork for permanent and temporary service.
- Pull permit for temporary electrical service.
- Attend periodic BIM coordination meetings with BIM Coordinator.
- Assist Foreman in layout / design of project for BIM / CAD coordination.
- Review project MEP BIM coordination schedule.
- Attend project meetings for duration of project.
- Communicate frequently with clients and design team to develop & maintain relationships.
- Develop a strategy for executing the project within budget and schedule to achieve client requirements.
- Make certain all work is performed within the allotted project schedule.
- Perform jobsite visits on a weekly basis if possible.
- Predict resources needed to reach objectives and manage resources in an effective and efficient manner.
- Utilize industry best practices, techniques, and standards throughout entire project execution.
- Work with Foreman daily and provide project information as needed.
- Compile and submit project close out information / paperwork.
- Bachelor’s degree in construction, business, or a related field
- 5-8 years of project management and related experience – preferably with experience in the following niches –
- Residential high-rise
- Senior Living
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred, but not mandatory.
- Proven ability to solve problems creatively
- Strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices
- Experience seeing projects through the full life cycle
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, problem solver and extremely resourceful
- Proven ability to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline